Friday, March 10, 2006

Tivoli T-shirt


I finished this Tivoli T-shirt in July 2005. (digital camera purchased Dec 05) It's done in Knit Picks Shine-Apricot. Size 5 needles.

This was my first attempt at knitting a sweaterish type of garment. (Although I don't consider it as a sweater since I didn't have to deal with sleeves.) I swatched with #4's, 5's and 6's and thought 5's got guage. Well, it did turn out a bit loose but oh well. I added some crocheted rows under the arm to bring the armhole up. I also added some crocheted rows to the neckline to tighten that up.

For the bottom I used the Cellular Stitch from Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury (p. 246). I began this after the first waist increase (192 st). 21 Rows. Picot bind off.

I see the pattern has been tweaked and renamed Picovoli. Another thing to add to my project list!

3 comments:

Orycteropus Afer said...

Since you don't have an edress showing, please pardong my using your comments to thank you for the link. I'll be updating the blogroll for Aardvark Alley and will send along the update for the Luther Library and Ask the Pastor blogs, also.

Genuine Lustre said...

Did you see this picvoli sweater on the hip/sexy mama knitting blog ( can't find it again)?
It's very cute. I like the cellular stiches on the bottom.

Lotzastitches said...

I think it was the Knitlist last spring where I found out about the Tivoli. The hip/sexy mama knitting blog sound interesting though!